andra_weber_b_w.jpg

Hello There!

If you need something new in your life, follow along with me on this blog, Create & Change. Together for 365 days, we will take tiny steps to make something new. As you move along, report back along the way. 

Does creating everyday make change in your life?

Day 163 - The 49%.

Day 163 - The 49%.

Day 163 - Hi there. It's Saturday and the last thing on your mind this morning is most likely the upcoming U.S. presidential election. However, California just held Tuesday's primary and I heard a statistic that I want to share with you. Only 49% of California's registered voters voted in Tuesday's primary or 8.9 million people. What happened to the other 51%? 

For a state that fights government for the right to grow kale on their front lawns, develops laws banning plastic bags and creates limitations for driverless cars, 49% seems absurd. Today's project is to create a movement and get everyone you know and that can vote, to vote in the November election. If you know someone who isn't registered, ask them to get registered. Spark the fire that moves people to create political change. 

I'm going to get back to researching "League of Women Voters" and think about strategies to ensure friends and family go to the polls this November. In short, let's get out the vote and change 49% to100%. See you tomorrow great citizens.

Day 164 - Try Easy.

Day 164 - Try Easy.

Day 162 - Ladies Night.

Day 162 - Ladies Night.